Need a boost to get you out of bed this winter? Set your sights on this fruit-filled chia bowl. Combining colour, crunch and a whole lot of goodness, it’s a great alternative to a regular winter porridge – and probably better for you, too!
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 500ml coconut milk
- 500ml pineapple juice
- 100g goji berries
- 40g toasted coconut
- 40g linseed
- 120g pepitas
- A handful of chopped fruit – think blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, banana, pineapple or anything else you desire.
- 40g honey
- ¼ cup of granola or muesli (optional)
- Combine chia seeds, coconut milk, pineapple juice and goji berries in a bowl. Let mixture to sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to take on the liquid and expand.
- Give the mixture a good stir. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line two trays with baking paper. Place coconut on one tray and pepitas on the other. Roast until golden.
- Slice your fruit and halve your berries.
- Scoop the chia mixture into four breakfast bowls.
- Top with toasted coconut and pepitas and fresh fruit. For a more substantial meal, add ¼ of a cup of granola or muesli.
- Drizzle honey to finish