You may not have a social life thanks to COVID-19, but the good news is, you can still have dessert. This chocolate mousse recipe is quick and easy to prep, but the end result will make you feel as though you’re eating at a high-end restaurant – it’s one of the most popular dessert specials we’ve ever had on the Haberfield Rowers menu.
- 500g dark chocolate (from the grocery store I would recommend nestle)
- 5 whole eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 punnet raspberries
To serve: Eat as is or add some extra toppings to suit your tastes – think whipped cream, ice cream or fresh berries. Want to plate it like the chefs at Haberfield Rowers? Serve with fresh or freeze-dried raspberries, rose syrup (available at Dan Murphy’s) and some toasted Kataifi pastry (available in specialty stores).
- Fill a saucepan 1/3 full of water and bring to a simmer.
- Place chopped chocolate or chocolate nibs into a metal bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the water does not touch the bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting, beat the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Once the chocolate has melted, take it off the saucepan to cool for 5min.
- Mix the eggs and sugar into the chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Fold through the cream into the chocolate mix until the mix is one colour with no streaks.
- Cool in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.