Keeping you COVID-safe!
At Haberfield Rowers Club, we are dedicated to ensuring that our customers can enjoy their dining experience in a safe environment. Our team is committed to making sure that our venue is adhering to and implementing the National COVID-19 Safe Workplace Principles, in accordance with Safe Work Australia and NSW Government.
It is essential that we all continue to be vigilant to prevent the coronavirus spreading by following the NSW Government guidelines – this is no time for complacency.
Precautions recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health help ensure the safety of our customers and staff, including:
- Hand sanitiser stations around the club
- Increased bins throughout the club to assist with hygiene
- Regular cleaning and sterilisation of surfaces, including bathrooms, common areas and all touch points, such as door handles etc.
- Adherence to social distancing measures (Limit of 1.5m social distancing and only 1 person per 4 metres)
- No bookings for more than 10 people (including children) unless you’ve booked for a function ie. weddings, funerals and corporate events.
- Alcohol can only be consumed by seated customers
- Each person must sign in with their name and contact details when they arrive at the venue. This record will only be kept for 28 days and the details you give us will not be used for any promotional or marketing material.
Entering our venue
On entry, you’ll be asked to check in. This is required by the government and will help them with contact tracing, in the unlikely event that a member has visited our venue while infected.
Our venue layout has been reconfigured to ensure tables have adequate spacing between them. We’re also limited to bookings of 10 people per table, and have reduced our venue capacity by more than half.
Complimentary hand sanitiser is available on each table. All of our kitchen staff will be wearing face masks, and our dedicated venue COVID Marshall is also on hand full time, to ensure all surfaces are adequately cleaned in between seatings.
There is an increased frequency of cleaning in the bathrooms by trained staff members. Floor decals will be placed on the floor to identify distance requirements for patrons.
High Touch Points
All high touch points, including door handles, handrails, catering stations, tables and railings will be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout events and opening hours.
Education and Training
In order to keep our staff and patrons as safe as possible, ongoing staff training has been implemented to communicate updated protocols provided by Safe Work Australia and the NSW Government.
- All staff have completed the NSW Food Authority COVID-19 Awareness for Food Service Training.
- A COVID Safe First Aid Officer and COVID Marshall will be on site for every event and during opening hours.
- All food safety compliance in managed through HACCP accreditation.
- In line with NSW Health’s latest recommendations, all kitchen staff will be wearing masks during food preparation and service.
Further information can be found via the below links: